Re: [MoM] Re: Help with Debian packaging of DCMTK++

Hi,

Le 17/07/2015 20:02, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Good.  I have two points to mention.  You used some versioned dependencies
> and these are not all needed since the versions in question are provided
> anyway at minimum.  The easiest way to find this out is to use
>
>     cme fix dpkg-control
>
> (see policy what packages are needed to make this work).  Beside some
> formatting changes you see where the versions are dropped.  I'd
> recommend to use the result of this process.

Done: dropping the version has the additional benefit to yield an easier
to read file :)

> Moreover you will have seen a lintian warning about the maintainer.  In
> debian/changelog you need to specify one of the maintainers (instead of
> DMPT) mentioned as Uploaders, so actually yours.  BTW, I do not really
> mind whether I'm listed as Uploader or not - feel free to drop my name
> there until I might have done some mentionable work on the package.

Done.

> I think you can also drop the postinst file.  Ldconfig is automatically
> injected by debhelper - so there is no need to care about this.

Done; I'm not sure why Lintian complained about this, but today's
modifications fixed this. I still have to get rid of the ITP-related
warning, but reportbug yields an Internal server error; will try again
tomorrow…

> Finally I's like to stress that I made very good experiences by using
> d-shlibs to package libraries.  We have several examples for its usage
> in Git - as a random pick have a look into
>
>    git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/libmems.git

I looked at d-shlibs, but I'm not sure what it is supposed to achieve :
it seems to me that all files are already in place and that they do not
need to be moved in the package. What am I missing?

Best,
--
Julien