Re: Help with Debian packaging of DCMTK++

Hi Julien,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 03:27:57PM +0200, Julien Lamy wrote:
> Dear all,
> We have been developing in the past few months a DICOM library called
> DCMTK++ [1] that wraps the oldish API of DCMTK to a shiny new C++11
> based API, allowing an easier access to DICOM objects, especially
> regarding the network services. In our minds (probably very biased), the
> library has reached a usable point, and we believe it would benefit the
> community of DICOM developers and could be submitted for inclusion in
> Debian.

Sounds good and really interesting for team maintenance in Debian Med.
Thanks for contacting us.

> We have generated packages for our own usage [2] for Debian (7 and 8)
> and Ubuntu (12.04 and 14.04) 32 bits and 64 bits, but they are probably
> not following the guidelines and policies. Since the process of becoming
> a Debian developer seems a bit daunting from an outside point of view,
> would somebody here be willing to help us with the packaging and
> inclusion in Debian?

Definitely.  We have quite a record to get newcomers involved and I hope
I'll be able to proove that things are not that hard to do.  We have a
team policy[3] describing the necessary steps to become a Debian Med
member and how to work with our packaging git repository.  Moreover we
are running a Mentoring of the Month[4] project which is probably exactly
what you want to do.

If you agree I'll add you for the month July (well, we are in the middle
of July - if you need longer assistance this is granted for sure) and
you could start with creating a login on alioth.debian.org (as described
in [3])

Kind regards and thanks for your interest in Debian Med

     Andreas.

[3] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html
[4] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM