Status of ITK 4.8 packaging

On July 18, 2015 02:12:05 PM Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> I should also like to mention that I have started packaging the new
> ITK (4.8.0) using the CastXML.  I have gotten ITK to build and will
> push the changes to alioth sometime this weekend.  At this point, I've
> just done minimal changes to get it to build.  More work needs to be
> done, which I'll detail in a later email.

I pushed the changes to Alioth.  The main items that need work
are:

1. Upstream now separates the test data from the source tarball.  I would like
to keep the tests so I planned to use the "multiple orig tarball" feature.  I
believe I've done it before with ITK but last week "svn buildpackage" failed
me.  Need to figure this out.

2. I disabled patches/0005-make-gdcm-helper-library-static.patch because it
did not apply cleanly.  I did not spend time investigating how to fix it or
whether it is even needed.

3. I just made tiny tweaks to the cmake configuration (CMAKE_FLAGS in
debian/rules).  There are likely some new flags that we want to set and
possibly some flags that are now obsolete.

I'll be looking into those as time permits, but certainly welcome help from
others interested in ITK.

-Steve