Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 10:54:49PM -0500, Stephen Smith wrote:
> Hi again,
> OK, I believe I have fixed the code in phyutility (in the source repo not
> the debian repo). Also, in noticing that code.google doesn't allow
> downloads anymore, I moved it to github and added the new release. Now, it
> seems I need to update the package but having some difficulty in the steps
> for this. I have tried git-import-orig with the new tar as well as
> git-import-orig --pristine-tar as well as pristine tar alone and it still
> seems to grab the older tar when doing git-buildpackage. What am I missing?

I have checked your last commits and it seems to become better but not
finished yet:

compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /tmp/buildd/phyutility-2.7.1/build/classes
    [javac] /tmp/buildd/phyutility-2.7.1/build.xml:7: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 520 source files to /tmp/buildd/phyutility-2.7.1/build/classes
    [javac] /tmp/buildd/phyutility-2.7.1/src/jebl/gui/trees/treeviewer_dev/TreePane.java:495: error: reference to Painter is ambiguous, both interface javax.swing.Painter in javax.swing and interface jebl.gui.trees.treeviewer_dev.painters.Painter in jebl.gui.trees.treeviewer_dev.painters match
    [javac]     public void setScaleBarPainter(Painter<TreePane> scaleBarPainter) {
    [javac]                                    ^
    [javac] /tmp/buildd/phyutility-2.7.1/src/jebl/gui/trees/treeviewer_dev/TreePane.java:508: error: reference to Painter is ambiguous, both interface javax.swing.Painter in javax.swing and interface jebl.gui.trees.treeviewer_dev.painters.Painter in jebl.gui.trees.treeviewer_dev.painters match
    [javac]     public Painter<TreePane> getScaleBarPainter() {
    [javac]            ^

Any idea what might be missing here?

Moreover, I wonder whether you as upstream maintainer could not simply
drop the *.jar file from the source archive.  We need to rebuild it
anyway and it simply bloats the archive.