Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 04:47:46PM -0500, Stephen Smith wrote:
> Hi Andreas
> I seem to be having a bit of a problem in converting this from subversion
> to git. Checking out from svn seems fine
> This command:
> debcheckout --user blackrim-guest svn://
> svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunk phyutility
> Gets this result:
> declared svn repository at svn+ssh://
> blackrim-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunk
> svn co svn+ssh://
> blackrim-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunkphyutility

Ahhh, sorry - I was not precise enough.  I was considering to create a
Git repository *from* *scratch*!  There is no point in keeping the
history!  I'd (strongly) recommend to create a new Git repository,
inject the upstream source (as described in the policy) and copy over
the debian/ dir from SVN.  That should perfectly do the trick!

> Feeling like I am missing something obvious. Any suggestion? Thanks

Just take the easy short-cut by ignoring irrelevant history.

Sorry for missleading you.