Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Hi Andreas

OK. When I do git-buildpackage (no arguments) in the directory I have been working in, I get
 dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -i -I
dpkg-buildpackage: source package phyutility
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 2.6-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution UNRELEASED
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
 dpkg-source -i -I --before-build phyutility
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: javahelper default-jdk libjebl2-java
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)
debuild: fatal error at line 1364:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -i -I failed
gbp:error: Couldn't run 'debuild -i -I': debuild -i -I returned 29

Is this the error you were getting? I am looking at the git-buildpackage documentation but am having a little difficulty determining when the arguments are necessary (despite the fact that I understand arguments).

Take care,
Stephen

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 01:17:17PM -0500, Stephen Smith wrote:
> All sounds good. OK, I have done an initial commit so you can check out
> where I am at.

I was really curious where you are at and thus I took the freedom to do
two commits:

  1. Adapt changelog version to the injected upstream version
     (otherwise git-buildpackage would not have worked).
  2. Use default-jdk (instead of an outdated JDK)

So the build at least starts but runs into an error you most probably
will be able to reproduce (hopefully).

Please confirm thyt you can run git-buildpackage and the build problem
can be reproduced at your side.