Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

All sounds good. OK, I have done an initial commit so you can check out where I am at.

Take care,
Stephen

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:12 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 09:14:55PM -0500, Stephen Smith wrote:
> No problem. I am sure I added to the confusion there. I have added the bare
> repo on Alitoh from "Pushing to git.debian.org, creating a new bare
> repository on Alitoh." but haven't pushed yet. I have my local git repo
> with the debian folder from the svn.

Sounds good.

> For this part, "git import-orig
> --pristine-tar /path/to/package_version.orig.tar.gz", I did  git
> import-orig --pristine-tar phyutility_2_2_6.tar.gz using the package from
> the release. I have branches master, pristine-tar and upstream.

Seems you are on track now. :-)

> There are
> edits that will presumably need to be made (following the instructions from
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ presumably) before it is
> ready to go, so should I wait to push until that is all ready or go ahead
> and git add all and push?

Please push early.  Then I could inspect and remove my old stuff in SVN.

> Sorry for all the questions, but I am getting
> there.

No need to sorry. MoM is exactly invented to encourage people to ask
questions which is way better than if newcomers would sit at home
desperately seeking for a solution and are to shy to ask.  Please push
and keep on asking if something might remain unclear.