Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 03:39:44PM -0500, Stephen Smith wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> I updated the changelog and committed and pushed after
> git import-orig --pristine-tar phyutility_2_7_1.tar.gz
>
> I haven't updated for uscan yet, but will do that in a bit. However,
> on git-buildpackage, I am still getting the old tar although it is saying
> it is getting the newer one. If I actually grab
> the phyutility_2.7.1.orig.tar.gz, untar, and ant compile it is the correct
> version (no bug in compilation). So I am sure I am still missing something
> here.  Any idea?

Hmmm, as you might guess from my previous mail I simply pulled your last
changes and tried to build before reading this.  Since I have no trouble
at all I can only wild-guess that you might not have followed the Debian
policy step by step regarding your setup for git-buildpackage.  Just for
your comparison:

$ cat ~/.gbp.conf
[DEFAULT]
builder = ~/bin/git-pbuilder

# Might lead to problems because it tries to use non-patched makefiles
# cleaner = fakeroot debian/rules clean
cleaner = /bin/true
pristine-tar = True
export=WC

[git-buildpackage]
# use this for more svn-buildpackage like behaviour:
export-dir = ../build-area/
tarball-dir = ../tarballs/

my ~/bin/git-pbuilder looks basically like

/usr/bin/pdebuild --pbuilder cowbuilder --debbuildopts "-i\.git -I.git $*" --debsign-k "Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>"
rm -f ../*_source.changes
lintian -i ../`dpkg-parsechangelog | awk '/^Source:/ {print $2}'`_`dpkg-parsechangelog | awk '/^Version:/ {print $2}'`_*.changes

so you see I'm using cowbuilder which you need to prepare first via

   sudo cowbuilder --create

May be these hints are helpful.  Otherwise you need to provide more
information with complete copy-n-paste of the output you get.