Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Hi Andreas
I seem to be having a bit of a problem in converting this from subversion to git. Checking out from svn seems fine
This command:
debcheckout --user blackrim-guest svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunk phyutility
Gets this result:
declared svn repository at svn+ssh://blackrim-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunk
svn co svn+ssh://blackrim-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunk phyutility ...

and so on

However, following the instructions here http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#subversion-to-git and getting the to git-svn step here https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#Convert_a_SVN_Alioth_repository_to_Git I try
git svn clone svn+ssh://blackrim-guest@svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunk  --prefix=svn-import/ --stdlayout --authors-file=../community/infrastructure/comitters --no-metadata phyutility-git
And get this result
Couldn't find a repository: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn+ssh://blackrim-guest@svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunk': No repository found in 'svn+ssh://blackrim-guest@svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunk' at /usr/share/perl5/Git/SVN.pm line 310.

Feeling like I am missing something obvious. Any suggestion? Thanks

Take care,
Stephen

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 01:25:15PM -0500, Stephen Smith wrote:
> I definitely use git more than svn. I would prefer to move it to git and
> have been looking at the docs for doing that correctly.

Seeking

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

for the keyword 'git' should give you all answers how to do so.  Please
let me know (via the list) if it leaves open questions and you might
have trouble.

Good luck