Re: Status of InVesalius packaging (Was: Status of SIGAR (Was: InVesalius packaging))

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:38:47PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > the "source". That works great as long as you have them. Many projects
> > on github don't have them. github offers a mechanism that produces
> > tarballs for every tag in the repository. making a release is as simple
> > as 'git tag best-ever; git push best-ever'.
>

> I probably need to get more comfortable with git to really like this.

People best be not fooled by how convenient git makes it to
version control source code.

Tagging a tree and pushing that tagged state-of-tree to some
public repository is NOT a proper release of a respectable
software.

Such things can be worked with, sure, but it's not a
"proper" release.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346