Re: Status of InVesalius packaging (Was: Status of SIGAR (Was: InVesalius packaging))

Forgot this one:

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 02:30:53PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > But the other problems I
> > haven't seen yet. Michael Hanke created a branch in github to do the
> > sigar packaging (https://github.com/hanke/sigar/tree/debian) and I
> > forked that (https://github.com/tfmoraes/sigar/tree/debian), but I
> > didn't have time to work in it.
>
> Is there any reason not to use
>
>    git.debian.org/git/debian-med/sigar
>
> (or any other location at git.debian.org because it is not really Debian
> Med centric)?  I mean finally it does not matter where the repository is
> located but having everything Debian packaging related at debian.org
> makes perfectly sense to me (and BTW has actual technical advantages for
> me personally).

Upstream has sigar on github. It felt good to stay close to upstream --
collaborative work on github is much more efficient than on alioth. That
being said, I also prefer to have the vcs settings in debian/control
point to alioth and pushing to two remote repos is simple and allows
working with both ends without compromise.

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de