Re: Status of InVesalius packaging (Was: Status of SIGAR (Was: InVesalius packaging))

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Andreas,

> I just wanted to give a ping about the status of InVesalius.  It seems
> that sigar did not made some progress (at least I can not find it in
> Debian).  Can you please give an update whether some help is needed or
> what issues are open?

I was in touch with Michael Hanke some months ago about sigar
packaging. Acording to him, these were the problems:

- build dependency 'ant' seems to be missing
- changelog doesn't list ITP bug number
- in debian/control libsigar package has section 'lib' but should be
 'libs' or removed
- there are lots of *.ex files in the dsc (but not in git)
- any reason to use --with-quilt in debian/rules explicitely? If yes,
 then quilt build-dep is missing
- I saw that you build a shared lib of libsigar -- did you talk to
 upstream about SO version management yet?
- debian.copyright is still a template
- a debclean doesn't clean things properly

I was trying to package the java binding but I wasn't able, so I
thought to not package the java binding. But the other problems I
haven't seen yet. Michael Hanke created a branch in github to do the
sigar packaging (https://github.com/hanke/sigar/tree/debian) and I
forked that (https://github.com/tfmoraes/sigar/tree/debian), but I
didn't have time to work in it.

> Kind regards