Re: trying to build the image.deb

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Paolo Ariano wrote:

on my debian all is ok

Sure.  I can also install it on my box - the problem is you can not install
it into a pbuilder environment because the configure script of sun-java5-jdk
makes sure that the license agreement is read by the user - which is not
the case when pbuilder is creating a temporary chroot environment.  So the
build will fail for autobuilders once we would upload the package and
immediately trigger an FTPFS bug.

and i obtain the .deb without changing nothing
or it is a problem in the sun-java5-jdk.deb becouse when i installed it
i had no problem

Because you have seen and answered the debconf question about the
license - which pbuilder can not.

would solve the non-free/contrib issue - which should be the the final
goal.  Perhaps anybody could try to consult debian-java mailing list to

it was done in the past

Ahh, I remember.  But perhaps trying again might not harm - I have heard
that several things in openjava changed ...

Any idea how to fix this?  I would probably use a POSIX shell compatible
case statement instead.

no idea in the next hours, maybe in the next days ;)

Sure.  I think you will have time enough until we found a solution for
the JDK issue.