Re: trying to build the image.deb

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Paolo Ariano wrote:

the /debian/rules script use to to set the JAVA_HOME this line:
/usr/sbin/update-java-alternatives -l | head -1 | cut -d' ' -f 3

that gives me:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun

apt-get install sun-java5-jdk will help you ;)

Well, that's actually not enough.  I tried adding this to build-depends
and got:

Selecting previously deselected package sun-java5-jdk.
Unpacking sun-java5-jdk (from .../sun-java5-jdk_1.5.0-16-3_i386.deb) ...

sun-dlj-v1-1 license could not be presented
try 'dpkg-reconfigure debconf' to select a frontend other than noninteractive

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/sun-java5-jdk_1.5.0-16-3_i386.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 2

So we have to find a way to work around this license presentation issue
to enable autobuilders building imagej.  I can confirm that there is really
an issue with jpeg when using openjdk-6-jdk as build dependency.  This
would solve the non-free/contrib issue - which should be the the final
goal.  Perhaps anybody could try to consult debian-java mailing list to
sort out this issue or might try some googling to sort out things like

Processing triggers for man-db ...
 -> unmounting dev/pts filesystem
 -> unmounting proc filesystem
 -> cleaning the build env.
    -> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//10882 and its subdirectories
ldd/imagej-1.41l/ij/plugin/JpegWriter.java:41: warning: com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGCodec is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
    [javac]             JPEGImageEncoder encoder = JPEGCodec.createJPEGEncoder(f);
    [javac]                                        ^
    [javac] /tmp/buildd/imagej-1.41l/ij/plugin/JpegWriter.java:42: warning: com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGEncodeParam is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
    [javac]             JPEGEncodeParam param = encoder.getDefaultJPEGEncodeParam(bi);
    [javac]             ^
    [javac] /tmp/buildd/imagej-1.41l/ij/plugin/JpegWriter.java:45: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method setHorizontalSubsampling(int,int)
    [javac] location: class com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGEncodeParam
    [javac] <--><------><------><------>param.setHorizontalSubsampling(1, 1);
    [javac] <--><------><------><------>     ^
    [javac] /tmp/buildd/imagej-1.41l/ij/plugin/JpegWriter.java:46: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method setHorizontalSubsampling(int,int)
    [javac] location: class com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGEncodeParam
    [javac] <--><------><------><------>param.setHorizontalSubsampling(2, 1);
    [javac] <--><------><------><------>     ^

in this way the java compilation is ok and the problem is after in n
making debian directory :(

Well, that was easy - and sorry for breaking your packaging stuff.
It is now fixed in SVN.  The reason was that debian/imagej (your shell
script) had the same name as the directory that dh_install wanted to
create.  So I used your old name debian/imagej.sh and moved this manually
in debian/rules - I have not yet found a more elegant way for this.

BTW, this shell script is buggy:

$ bash -n debian/imagej.sh
debian/imagej.sh: line 150: syntax error in conditional expression: unexpected token `('
debian/imagej.sh: line 150: syntax error near `@(-'
debian/imagej.sh: line 150: `   if [[ "$var" == @(-batch|-eval|-macro|-mem|-new|-port|-run|-verbose) ]] ; then'

Any idea how to fix this?  I would probably use a POSIX shell compatible
case statement instead.