Re: trying to build the image.deb

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Paolo Ariano wrote:

ok but i've to upload my debian directory somewhere ? reading de-med
policy i saw "You can inject a new package only after successfully
building" but i can build it :( so how i can inject my new debian
directory or only teh files i changed ?

Well, imagej is just injected and BTW the paragraph is somehow
incorrect - but that's another topic.  Just to enable you to work
with SVN I would like to give you some very view important commands
for SVN:

   1. checkout (you probably did this before, but just for completeness

      You can either check out the whole Debian Med SVN via

        svn checkout svn+ssh://paolinux-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med debian-med

      or only the imagej package which is important for you

        svn checkout svn+ssh://paolinux-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-medi/trunk/packages/imagej imagej

   2. update

      Once you have checked out this you should update the status before
      starting to work on the packages by changing to the imagej directory
      and type

        svn up

   3. adding / removing files

      If you have any new files put into the packaging dir do a

        svn add <filename>

      to put it under control of SVN.  To remove any file which is not
      needed any more try

        svn rm <filename>

   4. commit

      If you changed anything in the debian directory just do

        svn commit

      Your changes will be moved to the Debian Med SVN and this finally
      enables me to fetch your status when I do svn up on my side.

This are the basic commands you will need to work with SVN.  You migh like
to try "svn help" for other commands.

i've typed something like:

svn-inject  -o  imagej_1.41l-1.dsc  svn
+ssh://paolinux-guest@alioth.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/

This is wrong.  We do NOT inject any dsc files - just commit your changes
in the debian directory.

from my devel directory but nothings changed on the debian-med server :(

Well, to clarify the names:

    There is no such thing like a "debian-med server".  Debian Med is a
    part of Debian and thus there are no specific Debian Med servers. You
    probably mean the Debian Med project SVN on Alioth.

I have no idea why your command above failed - but thats lucky enough because
it was wrong anyway. ;-)

Hope this clarifies things.  Just do an "svn commit" and I have access to
your changes.