Re: Please, stop abusing ddtss/DDTP

On 17-12-2007 08:00, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 09:56:17AM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
>> Il giorno Sun, 16 Dec 2007 02:04:14 -0200
>> "Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)" <faw@debian.org> ha scritto:
>>> [..]
>>> then you should use DDTP/DDTSS infrastructure.
>> Ok then, let's try to improve the overall thing. Is there any place where I can
>> have a look at the code? Is there any way I can participate? Or is it just
>> closed to the ddtp/ddtss team (if any)? I don't know the language (Perl?
>> Python? Ruby?) it's written in, but I feel like I could help in the task.
>
> it is perl (ddts and ddtss) and the source ist on i18n.debian.net (is
> offline)

	The machine should be up again on Tuesday (18.Dec).

> The code ist moving to svn.debian.org, ddtss is integrated, etc.

	It is partially there, waiting for review from several
upstream so we can send the report and let people know about
it.

> And yes, you can participate and you can improve things. But:
> The thing is a moving taget and please write first to the list, if you
> like to change something.

	That's *very* important. With the Debian i18n Extremadura
meeting, a lot of things changes and there are more plans on the
way, so we would definitely need to discuss changes, improvements,
patches, bugs and related info on -i18n mail list.

> Sorry, I don't understand your request feature.
>
> You get the translations (per Translate-XX_xx-File). What is the
> reason for this requested cgi? Maybe a URL is usefull (sorry, if I
> miss the URL of the page).

	AIUI, they want to provide a direct link to the translation
of the description of the package, but while i18n.d.n and ddtss were
offline, that's hard to test, and with the new ddtss code using the
PostgreSQL, this probably changed, so once i18n.d.n is back online,
we can check.

	Debian-Med was using a script on alioth.d.o to populate this
website: http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/ddtp.php and Martijn
told me that the script was changed to stop hitting the ddtss every
few hours reloading a lot of already translated packages. The
suggestion is to add a CGI that would not load the package unless
it is really needed.

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)