Re: Using DDTP translations

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, David Paleino wrote:

es_ES and jp added to the update-ddtp script.

Thanks.  The result is poorer than I thought.  It's time to go for a
gathering.  Perhaps Charles can do something in Japan asking his colleagues.

The update would not be immediate after commits.

Sure.  I do not care whether it is immediate or not.  Also WML changes
do not happen immediate (I think it is sic times a day).  The important
thing is that it happens _automatically_ and _consistent_ with the
particular meta packages.  Even a one week delay would be perfectly
acceptable for me because in reality the WML pages are poorly maintained
and if we get this automatically with a reasonable delay we would do a
huge step foreward.

Consider that all the job is
done by Python scripts run by Cron. If we want immediateness, we should add the
scripts to the post-commit hook, but it's not advisable, since they take a
long time to complete.

Nonon, this is absolutely unnecessary.  I just mean a kind of fire and forget
that enables you to concentrate on new things once you commited the task files
and not to maintain a private todo list for the WML pages is the goal we
want to achieve.

P.S: starting a manual run to include the two new languages

Anyhow the DDTSS page does not understand the new languages ES and JP.
Do you agree with me that this is a DDTSS problem ?

Many thanks