Re: Using DDTP translations

Il giorno Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:15:18 +0100 (CET)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> ha scritto:

> Yes I missed these - thanks for the hint.
> It is even more interesting that the icon works but not the link on
> the page with the descriptions.  But I think I found the reason:
> The icon links to
>
>     http://kleptog.org/cgi-bin/ddtss2-cgi/de/translate/blast2
>
> But on the description page of blast it is linked to
>
>     http://kleptog.org/cgi-bin/ddtss2-cgi/blast2/translate/de
>
> (package name and language are mixed up.)

Uhm, right.
I'm going to fix that, thanks for the hint.

> BTW, Spanish and Japanese are also a languages that tend to have a lot of
> translation available if I'm not missleaded.

Yes, especially Spanish I think.

The problem is: do we have active contributions from those languages?

It's easy to implement the whole thing, just add the proper language code to
update-ddtp script.

> > I hope all this can be easily used by other CDDs :)
>
> Me too.  I'm very happy that we are now one step nearer to replace our
> pages like
>
>       http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/microbio
>       http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/imaging
>
> etc. by dynamically created pages.  I just told you about my "wishlist
> bug" to mark the official packages / inofficial packages / prospective
> software projects without packages by the color scheme we had choosen
> (or something similar according to your personal taste - feel free to
> change something if you think it would be needed).

Yes, sorry, forgot to work on that. Please add the idea to the to-do list on
the main page.

> Regarding to the idea of reproducing our static pages above I would
> suggest to have a new link (for instance "Packaging status" as a short
> cut for the headline "Packaging status and prospective packages")
> and the task files to build separate pages (there are just to many
> projects in some sections).  What do you think about this.

Can you elaborate a bit more? Should we use task files to get those packages
parsed and printed out?

> I also have one more hint for the left side menu of
>     http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/
> The "information" box on top is OK.  But I would rather like it if
> pages would be over developers because IMHO you tend to click on those
> pages-links much more often than you would follow a link to one
> of the developers.
>
> Inside the pages box I think the link "Locales page" is not really
> locically placed.  "Bugs page" and "DDTP page" are pointing to pages
> that convern the Debian-Med project.  The "Locales page" between these
> two rather concerns the translations of this web interface and thus is
> rather a point of the web page administration (and is as such perhaps
> correctly placed below the developers section).  I hope I was able
> to express my idea clear enough (I'm afraid it is a little bit hard
> to understand - feel free to ask for clarification).

Everything's been fixed, thank you.

Have a nice day,
David

--