Re: Using DDTP translations

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, David Paleino wrote:

Yes, especially Spanish I think.

The problem is: do we have active contributions from those languages?

I'm working on this.  The work might be easier if we actually show our
interest in actively supporting the language on our pages.

It's easy to implement the whole thing, just add the proper language code to
update-ddtp script.

This is what I guessed.

Yes, sorry, forgot to work on that. Please add the idea to the to-do list on
the main page.

My fault that I missed to put it on the list.  I hope you don't mind
that I just puttet it in top of the list because from my perspective
it is the most burning problem and perhaps the most convincing feature
for other CDDs.

Regarding to the idea of reproducing our static pages above I would
suggest to have a new link (for instance "Packaging status" as a short
cut for the headline "Packaging status and prospective packages")
and the task files to build separate pages (there are just to many
projects in some sections).  What do you think about this.

Can you elaborate a bit more? Should we use task files to get those packages
parsed and printed out?

Yes, that's the idea.  You did half of the step for the DDTP pages and
while I regard the DDTP sentinel as a really useful tool I think it just
came into beeing because of a missunderstanding of my featur wish.  My
original idea was just to reprocude exactly the pages like
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/microbio, etc by parsing the
task files and verify whether the package exists in Debian.  In case
it exists obtain the description an create an entry in the style we
have choosen for the existing packages.  In case it does not exist
take the description, Homepage, if exists WNPP bug number from the
task file and put it on the list in the style that was choosen for
inofficial packages (if such a thing is given in the task file) or
in the style of prospective packages.

For the later ones we have no descriptions in the DDTP and thus we
have to stick to the English description.  But we could at least try
to compile a translated list for the real Debian packages and thus we
could gain a fairly translated list of Debian-Med packages online that
is updated immediately with checking in new task files which would be
a really great feature (which for this reason was put on top of the
todo list).

Everything's been fixed, thank you.

Thanks for fixing it