Re: Using DDTP translations

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, David Paleino wrote:

I believe we can safely use

http://ddtp.debian.net/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/Translation-<lang>*

as I think that the unstable things will eventually go into testing.

Yes.  Using the text from unstable sounds very reasonable.  Perhaps there
is a chance to reduce trafic in just downloading the unstable descriptions
from ddtp server?  Should reduce the trafic to about 35% (wild guess).

And, moreover, getting the _exact_ file we will use would speed up the overall
process.

Yes.  Perhaps we should add a footnote to the web pages that the packages
are in unstable and might not show up on boxes that include only stable or
testing in the sources.list.  But in principle the static web pages currently
do the same (except that there is no guarantee that they are up to date in
any way).