Using DDTP translations

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, David Paleino wrote:

Il giorno Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:46:35 +0100
Steffen Moeller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> ha scritto:

One is likely to need to manually retrieve biomed packages for translation.
Hence, it would be really helpful to something on the
debian-med.alioth.debian.org site that directly indicates packages and their
translations on the ddtp site.

We could fetch information from

[1] http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?package=%s

(again %s == package)

A direct link to the German translations can be offered via
http://kleptog.org/cgi-bin/ddtss2-cgi/de/fetch?force=yes&package=%s
with %s being the name of the binary package. The "de" needs to be
substituted by the respective language.

(let's say that url == [2])

I don't understand what you are refering to with [2].

Sure.
This is the interface for translating though.

I'm thinking of parsing [1], and adding a link to translate to [2]. The parsing
is quite challenging though: we don't have a XML/RSS/* feed to parse, we just
have HTML. I'll try, but I cannot guarantee.

I put the DDTP author in CC.  May be he could comment on it in how far
there could be done something about the interface.  (Grisu, we are deeply
inside a thread. Contact me in private if you are unable to understand
what we are talking about.)

(starting to work on this -- went to disco this night -- came home at 5 -- and
just can't study ;) )

Well, as I said before - make sure your girlfriend stays happy and does not
become angry about your Debian-Med activities.