Re: Make DCMTK an official Debian Package?

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Juergen Salk wrote:

I am definitely not a person to ask for advice on producing
official Debian packages, but I think the most obvious quirk
with your DCMTK package is, that it places certain files below
/usr/local. Official Debian packages must not do that
because /usr/local is considered as the local sysadmin's
domain. Maybe this should be fixed beforehand as potential
sponsors will almost certainly complain about it.
The best idea to build Debian packages is start with

    /usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples/rules

Changing this examples leads normally to quiet good packages.