Re: Make DCMTK an official Debian Package?

Dear Jörg:

> I'm not sure whether you've ever heard of the Debian-Med project:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/
I took a look long time ago, and now I'm surprised by the developement
of the Debian-Med project.
After reading the "What can I do to help?" of the Debian-Med I fit into
two categories:
1.-Debian packages(unofficial) of dcmtk,afni,ctn(I know already exist an
official package, but lacks of some gui administration programs),
dicomviewer(Nagoya Java web dicom viewer), dicom2pgm and two of my own,
cdmedicpacsweb and dcmsamples.
2.-Isos based on knoppix, cdmedic CD-live with the above mentioned
packages and FSL,Slicer,Amide,CTSim among others and fusion mini CD live
with amide and an simple script to auto-import from dicom to analyze
used by amide.
As you already know all is hosted in
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdmedicpacsweb/
> Yesterday, I posted to their mailing list that you've created a Debian
> package from the DICOM toolkit DCMTK as part of your CDMEDIC PACS project
> (see http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2004/10/ ). Members of the mailing
> list expressed their interest to sponsor an "official" Debian package.
>
> So I wonder if you would be willing to support this undertaking? Your
> current Debian package could build the base for one or more official Debian
> packages, e.g. binary (with and without OpenSSL support), documentation and
> development version.
It would be nice to contribute, but I would need some help in the steps
I must follow to produce an official Debian package.

Best regards and thanks for your email

Pablo Sau