Re: Make DCMTK an official Debian Package?

* Pablo Sau <psau@cadpet.es> [041026 17:01]:

> It would be nice to contribute, but I would need some help in the steps
> I must follow to produce an official Debian package.

Pablo,

I am definitely not a person to ask for advice on producing
official Debian packages, but I think the most obvious quirk
with your DCMTK package is, that it places certain files below
/usr/local. Official Debian packages must not do that
because /usr/local is considered as the local sysadmin's
domain. Maybe this should be fixed beforehand as potential
sponsors will almost certainly complain about it.

Best regards - Juergen

--
GPG A997BA7A | 87FC DA31 5F00 C885 0DC3  E28F BD0D 4B33 A997 BA7A