Re: DCMTK: inofficial Debian package available

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Juergen Salk wrote:

For what it's worth, I am already using this unofficial package
at work for some time now and I would really like to see DCMTK as
an official package in Debian as well. DCMTK is at least one of
the most renowned DICOM toolkits and would definitely enrich
Debian as a working environment in medical imaging.
OK, so lets go the necessary steps.

Joerg is one of the upstream authors rather than a packager. It
may be a good idea to contact the CDMEDIC PACS maintainer, if he
would like to have his Debian packages sponsored by somebody.
His email address is PabloSau@cdmedic.com.
I would love if someone would grab the hat for maintaining the package
who is also *using* the package.  This maintainer should start the
contact and explain the situation.  Then an RFP-Bug should be filed
(read here
       http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1
 about filing RFP-bugs).

Once this maintainer decides that the package is ready for an upload
I would volunteer to have a look at the packagin quality and sponsor
the package to the Debian mirror.

Feel free to ask for further help if something remains unclear.