Re: LSB 3.0 and who's doing what?

Jeff Licquia wrote:

[CCs trimmed.]

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 16:11 -0400, Dave Neil wrote:
I like your plan. I guess I was looking at it from a "pure" Debian perspective without using the work around. Please excuse my confusion. Let me know if we can help with the work around, even if it's just testing the stuff and putting it through it's paces when your ready.

My focus right now is on convincing the dynamic linker to prefer the
LSB-specific directories.  Right now, that means "libraries in paths
containing the string 'lsb'", though I'm open to better ways.

That will give us the special dynamic linker and special libc6, since
the dynamic linker is built as part of glibc.  We will also probably
need some other special libraries.  The big ones that come to mind are
libstdc++{5,6}.  Ultimately, that means we will need to have a way to
build custom libstdc++ and install it to /lib/lsb.
We could build these here at Xandros for all of us for the i386 platform, then the latter ia64. We'd have agree on the details as to names, install locations, dependencies, build dependencies, ... the usual deb packaging stuff. Should we build them as official "Debian" packages for the Debian project? The package "Maintainer" could be the LCC group of which we're working with? Is there already a LCC maintainer designation Jeff?

It would also be good to identify other libraries we might need LSB
versions for, and get those built so they show up in [/usr]/lib/lsb.
Again we could build them here (i386,ia64), and also help to identify which ones are required. If anyone has some pointers as to what we need to look for, pass them along so we can get a list going of what's needed.

Those are some tasks that come to mind.  If anyone wants to tackle them
before I do, be my guest.  Alternatively, if anyone has better ideas for
collaborating on this, I'm all ears.
Sounds good so far Jeff.