Re: lintian.d.o improvements

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:47:17PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> I wonder if there should be a big version of the small
> error/warning/info symbol [1] next to the tag name in the title instead
> of very many little ones - just imagine how
> http://lintian.debian.org/reports/tags/ancient-standards-version.html
> would look like with more than a thousand little, yellow "W"s...

It would look exactly like this[1] ;)

So, you are right, it makes sense to use a single E/W/I, either in the
title[2] or in some other place[3].

> Have you had the time to look at the web pages generation to implement
> these changes already? It would be just nice to get rid of the current
> non-design :-)

Hmm, I have been using `reporting/html_reports' since the beginning, if
that's what you mean, so all the proposed changes are already
implemented. I'm using a small log file[4] instead of the real
lintian.log because I still don't have the maintainer info (lintian's
list of source packages) and thus `html_reports' only generates a
single, huge, hardly usable HTML file (unsorted.html).

 1. http://ettin.org/tmp/ldo-mockup/v7/tags/ancient-standards-version.html
 2. http://ettin.org/tmp/ldo-mockup/v8/tags/doc-base-unknown-section.html
 3. http://ettin.org/tmp/ldo-mockup/v9/tags/doc-base-unknown-section.html
 4. http://ettin.org/tmp/ldo-mockup/example.log