Re: lintian.d.o improvements

Jordà Polo <jorda@ettin.org> writes:

> I haven't changed the representation of tags yet, but I liked the idea
> of using colors, so I have been playing a bit with the templates and the
> CSS stylesheet to get more familiar with the code (right, it isn't the
> most relevant part of code for the GSoC project, but it can't hurt
> either).
>
> The changes I made to templates/maintainer.tmpl and lintian.css include:
>
>  * Colorized severities
>  * Summary of source packages
>  * Convert tags inside <pre> to real lists
>  * Add subtitles for binary packages and remove the source/binary part
>    since it is now more obvious
>  * More Debian-themed (it has a swirl now!)
>
> If you are interested, a first mock-up is already available[1]. Since it
> is still a work in progress and there may be some glitches, I made a
> screenshot[2] so you can see how it is supposed to look.

This is pretty!

The reason why the tags were still in <pre> was because when the extra
information wraps, it looks really odd and often hinders readability.  I
didn't have the time to try to research how to use CSS to tell it to not
wrap.  If there's some way to do that that works reasonably portably, I
think not having it be <pre> is okay (although the results may look odd on
text-mode browsers).

The subtitles look good here, as does the summary.  I think this looks
like a great change.