Re: lintian.d.o improvements

Jordà Polo <jorda@ettin.org> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:39:21PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> Well, having the swirl somewhere (on the left?) would be nice. And why
>> not leave the maintainer name where it is in the header, just add
>> navigation items on the other side?
> I thought it would be a good idea because 1) maintainer name and
> navigation items aren't related at all, and 2) it can be a problem with
> lower resolutions (if the maintainer name is long enough).

Hmmm, yeah, that work's too. It would just save a bit of vertical space,
but I guess that's not really so important.

> In v7[1] I made some minor changes to the header (they swirl is back!)

Looks very nice.

> and updated the tag pages: error[2], warning[3] and info[4]. Are tag
> pages too colorful now?

I wonder if there should be a big version of the small
error/warning/info symbol [1] next to the tag name in the title instead
of very many little ones - just imagine how
http://lintian.debian.org/reports/tags/ancient-standards-version.html
would look like with more than a thousand little, yellow "W"s...

Have you had the time to look at the web pages generation to implement
these changes already? It would be just nice to get rid of the current
non-design :-)

Marc

Footnotes:
[1]  The E|W|I with color, I mean