Re: lintian.d.o improvements

"=?utf-8?B?Sm9yZMOg?=" Polo <jorda@ettin.org> writes:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 04:17:52PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> The reason why the tags were still in <pre> was because when the extra
>> information wraps, it looks really odd and often hinders readability.
> That's right, though I'm not sure using the horizontal scrollbar is so
> much better: it can be annoying if one package has both, long and short
> lines.
>
> Anyway, is there reason to keep all the info in the same line? I agree
> wrapping hinders readability in the current proposal, but how about
> moving the extra info below the tag[1]?

Hmmm, while we are at reformatting: What about merging all
extra-information for a given tag, without outputting the tag-name
again? As example, instead of this:

|binary
|
|    * W patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff
|      config.guess
|    * W patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff
|      config.sub

... we could display this:

|binary
|
|    * W patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff
|      config.guess
|      config.sub

I don't see how displaying the tag name more than once would help. This
would require some postprocessing of the results, though, but shouldn't
be too hard.

Marc
--
BOFH #432: