Re: Suspend to disk?

Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net> wrote:
> I simply copy them.  I do the updates from each machine in Aptitude.  I
> just try to avoid large downloads of duplicate packages.  In fact I do
> the same thing between my desktop and laptop.  I use sshfs to mount the
> packages directory on my desktop from my laptop and copy things over.
> It saves about 90% of my time and bandwidth that way.

Just in case you're unaware that such tools exist, these may save you
more time manually managing and copying collections of .deb archives:

apt-cacher and apt-proxy are online proxies/caches for APT mirrors. I've
used them both for my home network, they're very handy. apt-proxy builds
a partial mirror, apt-cacher just keeps all the .debs in one flat
directory.

There's also apt-zip, for updating offline machines. I haven't used it.
--
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam@couter.id.au