Re: wooky->potato

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 11:56:59AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> > This is essentially what I did and what happened to me but two boxes
> > converted from potato to woody (for the need of XF4.1) and they are
> > running sweeeeeeeeeeetly. :)
>
> Maybe I have a dumb question.
> After you change the sources.list from 'stable' to 'testing'
> are you supposed to run apt-get upgrade first or apt-get dist-upgrade?
> I've always thought it was apt-get dist-upgrade..
> Is that right?

You are right. I did:

apt-get update
apt-get -u dist-upgrade

(the -u gives me a list of all the packages)

I had to do the latter a few times cos it barfed a bit on upgrading 370
packages, but in the end all was fine.

--
CaT        "As you can expect it's really affecting my sex life. I can't help
           it. Each time my wife initiates sex, these ejaculating hippos keep