Re: wooky->potato

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Tom Allison wrote:

> <snip>
> > Has anyone else been finding upgrades to woody getting better or
> > harder?
[cut]
> Here's what I did that worked.
> replaced 'stable' with 'testing' in the sources.list.
> ran the following on command line:
> 'while true; do apt-get -y dist-select; sleep 30; done'
>
> Eventually it got stupid, I broke the code and ran
> 'dpkg --configure -a;apt-get -f install'
[cut]

Er. I just added the woody lines to my sources.list and did an

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

It churned on for a while - occasionally dist upgrade seemed to get a bit
confused and claim it had finished when it neded to do more stuff, but I
just issued another dist-upgrade and it picked up where it left off. Had to
do that about twice, iirc, but apart from that it was pretty hassle free.

--
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it" - Anon