Re: wooky->potato

CaT wrote:
On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 03:04:28PM +0100, Vivek wrote:

Er. I just added the woody lines to my sources.list and did an

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

It churned on for a while - occasionally dist upgrade seemed to get a bit
confused and claim it had finished when it neded to do more stuff, but I
just issued another dist-upgrade and it picked up where it left off. Had to
do that about twice, iirc, but apart from that it was pretty hassle free.

This is essentially what I did and what happened to me but two boxes
converted from potato to woody (for the need of XF4.1) and they are
running sweeeeeeeeeeetly. :)

Maybe I have a dumb question.
After you change the sources.list from 'stable' to 'testing'
are you supposed to run apt-get upgrade first or apt-get dist-upgrade?
I've always thought it was apt-get dist-upgrade..
Is that right?