Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: devfs

> > Klaus: how many space is currently left on the bootdisk?
>
> I tend to say "none" because you never know how big the next kernel will
> be.

I'm not sure this battle can be won in the long term... kernels will
just keep expanding and new boot devices will need drivers.

Although it's a problem for some older machines, using ISOLinux for the
CD boot would eliminate the space issue and work fine on most newer
machines. For legacy gear, perhaps a set of floppies could be made
available with drivers that are oriented toward older devices.

I've noticed that some people are re-mastering with ISOLinux. Could this
be a possibility for a future Knoppix release?

-Tom