Re: [debian-knoppix] bootsplash

Klaus Knopper wrote:
I see one drawback: It needs to be 0 bytes in size to fit on the
el torito bootfloppy. The Linux kernel tends to grow in size with every
new release.

we could gain some stace by dropping suppot for CPUs without an FPU (this is 66kbyte fat!), as Knoppix isn't that usefull on a i386 or i486SX....

But there are more important things to chance before:
-> bigmem support 4GB
-> enforce USB bandwith allocation

also some things should be changed about power management:
-> add modules for ACPI
-> 2 changes on APM: "Allow interrupts during APM BIOS calls" and "Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off" - both to prevent some implementations from failing.

Kai Lahmann

p.s. am I the only one, who never learns to do a "reply all"?