Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: devfs

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 07:14:20PM +0200, Kai Lahmann wrote:
> Stefan Gybas wrote:
> >You don't have to mount devfs if you want to be on the "safe" side but
> >it can be enabled in the kernel nevertheless - like it's done in the
> >kernel-image-2.4.* packages for i386.
>
> and if we'll have the support in the kernel AND have all devices on the
> disk, there will be a diskspace-problem.
>
> Klaus: how many space is currently left on the bootdisk?

I tend to say "none" because you never know how big the next kernel will
be.

With a very tiny bootlogo and minimal help files, there is currently 30kB,
which may be already gone in the next kernel release. Ane people keep
asking for more SCSI modules, firewire and USB compiled in to the
kernel.

Regards
-Klaus Knopper