reconsider isolinux, was Re: [debian-knoppix] bootsplash

> Not to mention the all-time-problem:
> where to get the diskspace?

I know this was discussed earlier, but I think it should be reconsidered to use isolinux (already used in KnoppixKDE), which allows for much bigger kernels and initrds.

For the machines who don't boot from CD, there is a solution involving a boot loader on floppy which allows these machines to start from CD even if the BIOS doesn't support it directly: http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/

This way, we would have engouh RAM for the bootsplash and the hundreds of things that are perhaps even more important.