Re: mkvmlinuz, boot-loaders and powerpc kernels.

Dear Sven,

> Jens, in your discussion with Manoj about this, where would the
> generic-powerpc or whatever script reside ?

in my proposal, 'generic' or 'official' would be a separate PowerPC
subarch that

a) packages the kernel as an uncompressed ELF image file in
   /boot/vmlinux-<revision>-<flavour> and nothing else,

b) packages the bootloading glue for pmac, chrp and prep into the
   directory /usr/lib/kernel-image-<revision>-<flavour>,

c) takes provisions to apply the correct glue in the postinst.

Right now, a) and b) are implemented in the debian/rules file of
kernel-patch-powerpc, by building an intermediate pmac kernel-image
package, unpacking it, and making the necessary changes.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!