Re: [Fwd: Re: Spamassasin over RBL, was Re: rblsmtpd -t?]

On Tue, 7 May 2002 17:29:42 +1000, "Jason Lim" <maillist@jasonlim.com>
wrote:
>>simply disabled it on my machines in its entirety. It is my firm
>>opinion that Spamcop sucks, and I don't intend to collaborate with
>>them.
>
>Okay... like I've said before, what do you mean "GMX is in Spamcop"?

GMX's outgoing mail hosts are listed in the spamcop bl. Which pretty
much results in GMX users not being able to e-mail to spamcop users.
GMX is a white hat.

>Alternatively, I'll ask you this... what would do if you found GMX in a BL
>other than Spamcop?

disable the spamcop BL in my servers. Which I did after finding GMX
re-listed for the third time.

>You would probably email the list operators (if you can actually FIND
>them, unlike Spews, BLARS, and other "hidden" owner RBLs), and tell them
>that GMX is a big freemail provider, and stuff like that.

No. Spamcop's policy is guaranteed to generate false positives, and as
that, I can't afford to use them on machines that move e-mail for my
customers.

>So why would you handle all other RBLs different from Spamcop?

I don't.

This will probably change when exim 4's Debian packages come in and
after I have figured out to configure RBLs by recipient. In that case,
the customers could choose which RBL to use. As long as I have to
choose for the entire machine, the most conservative setting gets to
be used.

Greetings
Marc