Re: [Fwd: Re: Spamassasin over RBL, was Re: rblsmtpd -t?]

On Tue, 7 May 2002 15:57, Marc Haber wrote:
> >On Tue, 7 May 2002 01:49, Marc Haber wrote:
> >> Yes. But if you want to get rid of _any_ spam, shut down your MTA.
> >> Which will yield about the same effect than using Spamcop as a German
> >> ISP.
> >
> >Have you sent an email to the administrators of spamcop informing them of
> > the sizes of the ISPs in question?^
>
> Why should I? After first noticing GMX in the Spamcop BL, I have
> simply disabled it on my machines in its entirety. It is my firm
> opinion that Spamcop sucks, and I don't intend to collaborate with
> them.
>
> There are much better blocking lists than the one with the highest
> false positive rate.

I currently use the following black lists, and IMHO none of them give false
positives.

bl.spamcop.net, blackholes.mail-abuse.org, dialups.mail-abuse.org,
relays.mail-abuse.org, relays.osirusoft.com, relays.ordb.org,
dnsbl.njabl.org, abuse.rfc-ignorant.org, postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org