Re: im-config | Use im-config on Wayland without uninstalling IBus (!5)

2020년 7월 14일 (화) 오후 1:34, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>님이 작성:

> Changwoo:
> As for stable update, have you consider to use IM_CONFIG_PREFERRED_RULE
> in /etc/default/im-config.  Maybe, this is less aggressive than
> changing "auto" behavior.  I can't locate your previous massage
> explaining with patch.  Can you tell me your last patch proposal again.

Yes, it seems to be better. But /etc/default/im-config needs to be
improved first. In devel branch, IM_CONFIG_PREFERRED_RULE works only
in non-GNOME environments.

For stable update, I think a better and simpler solution is just
removing conditional code in "ibus" and stick to ibus IM modules as
default in Wayland. In stable, GNOME version is 3.30 and its Wayland
input has critical problems regardless of users' languages.