Re: im-config | Use im-config on Wayland without uninstalling IBus (!5)

2020년 7월 14일 (화) 오전 12:07, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj@ubuntu.com>님이 작성:

> On 2020-07-13 09:36, Changwoo Ryu wrote:
> > 2020년 7월 13일 (월) 오전 10:39, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj@ubuntu.com>님이
> > 작성:
> >> Let me point out that im-config offers an API with the explicit
> >> purpose to allow im-config to be controlled from other programs.
> >> Ubuntu does nothing but making use of that API.
> >
> > This is not true. im-config never offers an API.
>
> $ man im-config | grep API
>         The -l, -m, -n, and -o options are meant to be API for other
> programs to control the im-config.

You were right about that. Sorry I'm correcting myself. im-config
provides API options for external programs.

Actually the possible problem is not exactly about breaking the API.
The problem of the limit of the API. With my proposed change, the
Ubuntu language-selector UI could be misleading when automatically
showing only "none".