Re: Ris: ddtp2.d.n down again but that's ok!

Hi !

Le 21/06/2020 à 15:20, Beatrice Torracca a écrit :
> indeed the diff frame is now back and working, but it seems to fetch the wrong old description sometimes.
>
> For instance here
> https://ddtp.debian.org/ddtss/index.cgi/it/forreview/bsdutils
>
> it shows the diff with version 815 (very old) instead of 276327 which is the previous one, as one can see here:
>
> https://ddtp.debian.org/ddt.cgi?desc_id=277359
>
> Personally I have not pinpoint how/when this happens, maybe keep an
> eye on the issue or investigate how the code decide what diff to show.

s3v reported the issue earlier this week and we just updated trabaci
with a fix.

I re-fetched bsdutils in italian and the diff now looks ok. Please let
us know if you see other issues.

> I am really happy to see the whole DDTSS system get back in track for good.

So are we!

> In the past days I checked the Etherpad with list of character-coding
> affected description and I annotated all the fixed ones I found with a
> "FIXED" at the end of the line. Italian is all fixed now, as most
> other languages. As far as I can see there are less than an handful of
> fr translations to fix and then everything should be without issues.

Yes, some of the french translations got hit with an other encoding
issue, so it delayed a little their resolution. I believe that they are
now all fixed, I just need to double check them.

The next step is to get in touch with the ftp masters so they now
retrieve the translations from ddtp.d.o instead of ddtp2.d.n.
I'll post an update when we know more about this.

> Thanks again a lot to all who worked on this,

Thank you and all the translators who helped us review 700+ descriptions
and fix all the broken ones. :)

Thomas