Re: Ris: ddtp2.d.n down again but that's ok!

Hi have we lost the functionality where the old translations was shown in the bottom?
if yes, that is a serious setback.

and is
https://ddtp.debian.org/

the new official place to make translations?
bye

Joe
Den onsdag den 10. juni 2020 01.48.20 CEST skrev Thomas Vincent <thomas@vinc-net.fr>:

Hi,

Le 09/06/2020 à 13:06, Beatrice Torracca a écrit :
> On martedì 09 giugno 2020, at 00:47 +0200, Thomas Vincent wrote:
>
>> In the meantime, Beatrice added a warning on ddtp.d.o pages to state
>> that it was still a testing instance and that all work done may be lost,
>> but some contributors continued to provide translations (maybe they did
>> not see the warning) and I did not want to have them loose more than one
>> month of work, so the goal then became to fix all broken translations,
>> and we're still at that step, unfortunately. :(
>
> Maybe (next time) it would be enough to comunicate this kind of
> decision on the list (unless I missed it, and I apologize if I
> did). We (Italian team) followed rules and missed a lot of months of work.

Yes indeed. I know how such long breaks can be demotivating.

> I imagine I should change the warning then. Any suggestion?

Simply remove it?

>> So, to sum up:
>> - ddtp.d.o seems to be working fine now and all translations done on it
>>  will be kept
>> - translations accepted between roughly mid-march and mid-april may
>>  contain badly encoded accented characters, they all need to be
>>  reviewed and fixed (probably manually)
>
> Is there an (easy) way for you to have a list of them? Not the wrong
> ones, all the translations accepted in that problematic time
> interval. Each language could review their own translations. I surely
> can do it for Italian, maybe other languages too.

I retrieved a list of all translations accepted between March 1st and
April 15th here: https://storm.debian.net/grain/JxKdTRSxGHkBwz4Xzzc9Ew

Andrey and I have started to review all of them and we're reopening
translations for review when we find encoding issues.

>>> I can help somehow to move forward and fix
>>> remaining issues?
>>
>> Well, first, thanks for the ping and the help offer! :)
>
> Yes, thanks a lot to s3v for the ping. I planned to do it for a long
> time and never did. I apologize with the Italian team for that. I
> stalled their work long enough.
>
>>> Thanks a lot  for taking care of this job.
>
> +1 Thanks a lot for the work on this. It is indeed much appreciated.

Thanks for the thanks. :)

Thomas