Re: setting goals for a team, or how to prioritize translations

On Ma, 2008-07-07 at 13:43 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> > Helge, you can go to i18n.debian.net:8080 and create yourself an
> > account there. [...]
>
> What are the requirements for i18n.debian.net access?  Simple HTTPS
> authentication?  Or Cookies?  Javascripts?  More?  This doesn't seem
> to be on the site.

Pootle currently uses its own password based authentication, although
some collaboration with Mozilla is resulting in LDAP (hopefully soon).
Cookies are used for sessions, and currently some really minimal
JavaScript. Some slightly more AJAXy stuff (jQuery) is planned by some
developers as far as I know. I hope Pootle will always remain usable in
a standards compliant web browser. I administer a specific Pootle server
with elinks from time to time.

Keep well
Friedel