Re: Translated packages descriptions progress

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 03:39:11AM +0300, Gintautas Miliauskas wrote:
> Hello,

Hello

You are the 'google summer of code' boy, right?

> > On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 01:57:19AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > > All translations are in UTF-8 in the db.  But a translator can send
> > > his translation in any encoding. He can use:
> > >   Description-de.UTF-8: or
> > >   Description-de.latin1: or
> > >   Description-de.SOME_ENCODING:
> > > The ddtp-server transforms this in UTF-8 and store the translation
> > > in his db.
> >
> > is this database somewhere available? Is it the file collection on
> > http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/ or are these
> > generated?
>
> This is also important for my work.  I now have implemented a serializer
> that writes the same format as it reads: the one that Translation-??
> files use.  However, from your message it seems that the database is
> separate and the Translation-?? files are generated.
>
> I could of course write a version that sends a flurry of e-mails to
> DDTP, but that's probably not a very good idea :)  It would be best to
> talk directly to the database.
>
> In what format would you prefer to get the translations?  Assuming that
> I do unwrapping, etc., to make translation easier, I suppose that
> plain .po files would not be very convenient.  It would be best if the
> same script did the wrapping and the unwrapping.

You are talking about the new i18n-thing?

Please don't depend your work on the ddtp server. If we have the new
i18n system running, we will stop the ddtp server and move to the new
system.

for the ddtp in the new i18n system we need:

 1. some importer to get package Descriptions from the Packagefiles
    from the ftp server

 2. do the work in the new i18n system (po files, translation, review,
    etc)

 3. some exporter to generating the Translation files for the ftp master

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -   http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
Ja, aber der Bootvorgang ist doch so schön mit den Wolken und so. Das