Re: Translated packages descriptions progress

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 01:57:19AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> All translations are in UTF-8 in the db.  But a translator can send
> his translation in any encoding. He can use:
>   Description-de.UTF-8: or
>   Description-de.latin1: or
>   Description-de.SOME_ENCODING:
> The ddtp-server transforms this in UTF-8 and store the translation in
> his db.

is this database somewhere available? Is it the file collection on
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/ or are these
generated?

I ask because I would like to send collected/huge patches of
descriptions which bypass the review process (which is not yet
implemented, I know) and allows a few translation maintainers to fix
many descriptions at once.
Since there is no reviewing yet, it's very likely that there will be no
conflicts so that we could have a large benefit at small cost (applying
a patch every two weeks or so).

Maybe you remember that you liked the idea to support something like
this. Is such an attempt already possible or do you suggest to wait for
the l18n framework?

Jens