Re: Translated packages descriptions progress

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 12:32:59PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> > I hope we can test the new apt version and can get this version to sid
> > and after some days to testing.
>
> 	Ok, I will work on a few tests for pt_BR.
>
> 	BTW, the translations are all in UTF-8, or it doesn't matter?

All translations are in UTF-8 in the db.  But a translator can send
his translation in any encoding. He can use:
  Description-de.UTF-8: or
  Description-de.latin1: or
  Description-de.SOME_ENCODING:
The ddtp-server transforms this in UTF-8 and store the translation in
his db.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -- http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
Linux is like a wigwam:  no Windows, no Gates, Apache inside