Re: Irish contact (was: Re: Cleaning out the D-I supported languages list

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 19:35 +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Erf..:) I was speaking about languages that are an official language for
> at least one country..:-)
>
> I bet that someone will find some I never thought about..

Sure, here's one: Frisian (Fries / Frysk). It's an official language of
The Netherlands, spoken by 700.000 people in Friesland, the north. It's
taught in schools and you can use it in court if you so desire. There's
even a Google-translation and a Wikipedia. My girlfriend actively speaks
it with her parents.

That said, in the current times of mass media there are very few people
left who don't also speak Dutch fluently. So better focus on improving
Dutch :)

Thijs